D3000 w/ 18-55mm DX VR Zoom
Product # NK25462
Free Ground Shipping in the Continental US
- 10.2-Megapixel DX-format Imaging Sensor
Delivers extraordinary image quality for breathtaking prints up to 20 x 30 inches.
Includes 3x 18-55mm Zoom-NIKKOR VR Image Stabilization Lens
Legendary NIKKOR optical quality and fast, accurate autofocus means vivid color, striking contrast and crisp detail, while VR image stabilization assures your sharpest pictures ever.
Nikon's Smallest D-SLR
Beautifully styled—Ready to go where life takes you.
Easy-To-Use—Featuring Nikon Guide Mode
Intuitive controls and the on-board Guide Mode assist you every step of the way.
Split-second Shutter Response
Eliminates the frustration of shutter delay, capturing moments that other cameras miss.
Continuous Shooting up to 3 Frames-Per-Second
Capture fast action, precious moments and fleeting expressions confidently.
6 Automatic Exposure Scene Modes
Just set the Mode dial to Portrait, Landscape, Child, Sports, Close-up or Night Portrait for stunning results in otherwise challenging conditions.
3-inch Color LCD Monitor
Bright, high-resolution, 170-degree wide-angle viewing for easy picture review and sharing.
In-camera Image Editing
The Retouch Menu provides creative freedom, without the need for a computer, offering 13 easy editing functions, including Trim, Red-eye Correction and Soft Filter.
Nikon EXPEED Image Processing
Assures breathtakingly rich image quality, managing color, contrast, exposure, noise and speed.
Automatic Image Sensor Cleaning
Ultrasonic process and exclusive Airflow Control combats the accumulation of dust in front of the image sensor, safeguarding image quality shot after shot.
Fast and accurate autofocus delivers razor-sharp pictures.
6 Personal Picture Control Settings
Choose from Standard, Neutral, Vivid, Monochrome, Portrait, or Landscape to apply a personal look and feel to your pictures.
Restores picture-enhancing detail in shadows and highlights.
ISO sensitivity from 100 – 1600
Exceptional results, even in challenging low-light situations.
- D3000 Body
- AF-S DX NIKKOR
18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 VR Lens
- EN-EL9a Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- MH-23 Quick Charger
- UC-E4 USB Cable
- DK-20 Rubber Eyecup
- AN-DC1 AN-DC3 Camera Strap
- BF-1A Body Cap
- DK-5 Eyepiece Cap
- BS-1 Accessory Shoe Cover
- Software Suite CD-ROM
- Nikon USA Warranty
|Image Sensor Format
||23.6 x 15.8mm
|Total Pixels / Effective Pixels
||10.75 million / 10.2 million
Image Area (pixels)
|(L) 3,872 x 2,592
(M)2,896 x 1,944
(S)1,936 x 1,296
|Top Continuous Shooting Speed at full resolution
|| 3 frames per second
|| 3 in. diagonal, 230,000 Dots
|LCD Monitor Adjustments
||Brightness, 7 levels
||Electronically controlled vertical-travel focal-plane
|Shutter speed range
||30 sec. to 1/4000 sec. ( in steps of 1/3) + bulb
|Expanded ISO Sensitivity Options
Hi-1 (ISO 3200 equivalent)
||• NEF (RAW)
• JPEG: JPEG-Baseline compliant with fine (approx. 1:4), normal (approx. 1:8), or basic (approx. 1:16) compression
• NEF (RAW) + JPEG: Single photograph recorded in both NEF (RAW) and JPEG formats
||Programmed Auto (P) with Flexible Program
Shutter-Priority Auto (S)
Aperture-Priority Auto (A)
|Advanced Scene Modes
Auto [Flash Off]
|Exposure Metering System
||420 pixel RGB sensor 3D Color Matrix Metering II
||0 to 20 EV (3D Color Matrix or Center-weighted metering)
||±5 EV in increments of 1/3
|Shutter Release Modes
||Single-frame [S] mode
Single Frame Shooting, Continuous Frame Shooting (Approx 3 FPS), Self Timer, Delayed Remote Mode, Quick Response Remote Mode
Fine Tune by Kelvin color temperature setting
Auto, 8 Modes (when Auto is selected, TTL white balance with main image sensor and 420-segment RGB sensor is available) fine-tuning possible
• AF-S and AF-I NIKKOR: All functions supported
• Type G or D AF NIKKOR not equipped with an autofocus motor: All functions supported except autofocus.
• Non-Type G or D AF NIKKOR not equipped with an autofocus motor: All functions supported except 3D color matrix metering II and autofocus.
• IX-NIKKOR and AF-NIKKOR for F3AF: Not supported.
• Type D PC NIKKOR: All functions supported except some shooting modes.
• AI-P NIKKOR: All functions supported except 3D color matrix metering II
• Non-CPU: Autofocus not supported. Can be used in exposure mode d, but exposure meter does not function.
• Lens with maximum aperture of f/5.6 or faster: Electronic rangefinder can be used.
||Eye-level pentamirror single-lens reflex viewfinder. 95% Coverage
||Type B BriteView Clear Matte screen Mark V with superimposed focus brackets
||TTL phase detection by Nikon Multi-CAM1000 autofocus module
|Maximum Autofocus Areas/Points
|Battery Life (shots per charge)
||500 shots (CIPA)
||Width 5.0 in. (126mm)
Height 3.8 in. (94mm)
Depth 2.5 in. (64mm)
||16.1 oz. (485g)