Housing does not include camera
Underwater Camera Housing for Canon A490 / A495
- Free Ground Shipping in the Continental US
- Dive into underwater photography with this compact and simple to use combination. The ULTRAcompact housing is high quality, built to last, and backed by Ikelite's long-standing reputation for excellence.
- All camera controls except for the print button are fully functional through the housing and depth rated to 200ft (60m). Easy open latch and drop in camera loading make set-up a breeze.
- Size and Weight.
6.4" wide x 4.6" high x 3.3" deep ( including controls and lens port ).
16cm x 12cm x 8.4cm.
Less than 1lb (0.45kg) above water.
Neutrally buoyant underwater.
- Camera's Built-in Flash.
An included flash diffuser improves lighting quality when the camera's built-in flash is used. A built-in flash is effective between 1-3 feet (0.3-0.9m) from the subject in clear conditions. For best results an external underwater strobe is recommended.
- External Underwater Strobes.
Ikelite strobes are much more powerful, recycle more quickly, and eliminate more backscatter than the camera's built-in flash. Don't settle for flat, blue-green images. The AutoFlash AF35 is an easy and affordable way to add a strobe to your system. The AF35 is effective up to approximately 5 feet (1.5m) from the subject and restores the colors that are otherwise lost. For the best results in all conditions.
- Pro-V8 LED Video Lite.
For additional lighting when using the camera's movie mode and to aid in focus. For use with or without a color filter.
- External Accessory Lenses.
An external wide angle conversion lens increases angle of coverage so you can get much closer to your subject while still fitting everything in the frame. By reducing the amount of water between the subject and your camera lens, the resulting image will be more crisp and colorful. Several options are available for attaching an external wide angle or macro lens:
· Attach 46mm threaded #6420.46 Ikelite W-20 and other lenses directly to the front of the housing port.
· Attach 67mm threaded #6420 Ikelite W-20, Inon Type II and Epoque lenses using the #9306.81 port adapter.
· Attach Bayonet style Inon UWL-100 28AD, UWL-105AD and UFL-165AD lenses using the #9306.79 port adapter.
Very minimal vignetting (shading in the corners) may be present in the widest setting when using an external accessory lens. This can be eliminated by zooming in slightly.