- The Ikelite ULTRAcompact digital housing for Canon SD970 IS & IXUS 990 IS cameras really delivers when performance and durability matter. The ULTRAcompact housing is high quality, built to last, and backed by Ikelite's long-standing reputation for excellence.
- Easy open latch and drop in camera loading make set-up a breeze. All camera controls except the control dial are fully functional through the housing and depth rated to 200ft (60m). Control dial functions may be accessed through the housing using right and left directional buttons.
- Housing measures 6" (15.2cm) wide; 4.4" (11cm) high including controls; 3.4" (8.6cm) deep including port. Camera and housing together weigh under 1.5 lbs (0.66kg) above water and are neutral underwater.
- Camera's Built-in Flash. An included flash diffuser improves lighting quality when the camera's built-in flash is used. A portion of the camera's flash may be blocked by the lens port of the housing, resulting in a dark shaded area in the photo. For best results an external underwater strobe is recommended.
- External Color Filters. Replace some of the reds and more natural tones that would otherwise be lost. Available as #6441.41 for tropical blue water and #6441.81 for green water. Filters are effective in shallow, sunny conditions depending on water clarity. For optimum results use in combination with manual white balance (see camera user guide for information on setting custom white balance).
- External Underwater Strobes. Ikelite strobes are much more powerful, recycle more quickly, and eliminate more backscatter than the camera's built-in flash. The AutoFlash AF35 kit (at right) is the easiest and most affordable way to add valuable external flash to your system. For the best results in all conditions
- Wide Angle Conversion Lenses. An external wide angle conversion lens increases angle of coverage so you can get much closer to your subject while still fitting everything in the frame. Attach 67mm threaded #6420 Ikelite W-20, Inon Type II, and Epoque lenses directly to the front of the housing's lens port without the need of an adapter.
Slight vignetting (shading in the corners) may be present in the widest setting when using an external accessory lens. This can be eliminated by zooming 1-2 times. Slight softness around the edges of the photo in some situations is normal.
- Macro Lenses. Accessory macro lenses with 67mm threads may also be attached directly to the front of the housing's port. Macro lenses are not available directly through Ikelite.