Still image and motion pictureStandard / Vivid / Natural / Monochrome / L. Monochrome / Scenery / Portrait / Custom
Still imageExpressive / Retro / Old Days / High Key / Low Key / Sepia / Monochrome / Dynamic Monochrome / Rough Monochrome / Silky Monochrome / Impressive Art / High Dynamic / Cross Process / Toy Effect / Toy Pop / Bleach Bypass / Miniature Effect / Soft Focus / Fantasy / Star Filter / One Point Color / Sunshine
Motion pictureExpressive / Retro / Old Days / High Key / Low Key / Sepia / Monochrome / Dynamic Monochrome / Impressive Art / High Dynamic / Cross Process / Toy Effect / Toy Pop / Bleach Bypass / Miniature Effect / Fantasy / One Point Color
CREATIVE VIDEO MODE
MOTION PICTURE FUNCTION
Flicker reduction[1/50] / [1/60] / [1/100] / [1/120] / OFF
Playback function30-thumbnail display, 12-thumbnail display, Calendar display, Zoomed playback (Max. 16x), Slideshow (All / Picture Only / Video Only, duration & effect is selectable), Playback Mode (Normal / Picture Only / Video Only), Location Logging, Beauty Retouch (Aesthetic Retouch / Foundation / Make Up Retouch / Smile)***, RAW Processing, 4K PHOTO Bulk Saving, Light Composition, Clear Retouch, Title Edit, Text Stamp, Video Divide, Time Lapse Video, Stop Motion Video, Resize, Cropping, Rotate, Rotation Display, Favorite, DPOF Print Set, Protect, Face Recognition Edit, Picture Sort, Creating Still Pictures from a Motion Picture
Software・ The software to edit and playback images on computer is not bundled with this camera. To do this, PHOTOfunSTUDIO is available for download at Panasonic website using computer connected to the Internet.
・ The software to process RAW file on computer is not bundled with this camera. To do this, SILKYPIX Developer Studio is available for download at Ichikawa Soft Laboratory's website using computer connected to the Internet.
http://www.isl.co.jp/SILKYPIX/english/p/ (For Windows / Mac)
Standard accessoriesGX850K Kit
Standard accessoriesBattery Pack, AC Adaptor, AC Cable, USB Connection Cable, Shoulder Strap, Lens Cap
Standard accessories・ The DC-GX850 Operating Instructions for advanced features is available for downloaded at Panasonic LUMIX Customer Support Site using PC, smartphone or tablet connected to the Internet.
Lens NameLUMIX G VARIO 12-32mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S.
Lens Construction8 elements in 7 groups (3 aspherical lenses, 1 ED lens)
Nano Surface Coating-
MountMicro Four Thirds mount
Optical Image StabilizerYes (MEGA O.I.S.)
Focal Lengthf=12-32mm (35mm camera equivalent 24-64mm)
Maximum magnificationApprox. 0.13x / 0.26x (35mm camera equivalent)
Diagonal Angle of View84°(Wide) to 37°(TELE)
Filter Size37mm / 1.5in
Max. Diameterφ55.5mm / 2.2in
Overall LengthApprox. 24mm / 0.94in (from the tip of the lens to the base side of the lens mount)
Weight [g]Approx. 70g (excluding lens cap, lens rear cap )
Weight [oz]Approx. 2.47oz (excluding lens cap, lens rear cap )
Nano Surface CoatingN/A
Optical Image StabilizerN/A
Closest Focusing DistanceN/A
Diagonal Angle of ViewN/A
Image Stabilization SystemN/A
TIME LAPSE SHOTYes
STOP MOTION ANIMATIONYes
NOTE* About motion picture recording / 4K PHOTO recording
- Use a card with SD Speed Class with "Class 4" or higher when recording motion pictures.
- Use a card with SD Speed Class with "UHS-I UHS Speed Class 3 (U3)" when recording motion pictures with [MP4] in [4K] or [4K PHOTO].
(SD speed class is the speed standard regarding continuous writing.)
- Recording stops when the continuous recording time exceeds 20 minutes in [FHD/60p] [FHD/60i].
- Recording stops when the continuous recording time exceeds 5 minutes with [MP4] in [4K].
- MP4 motion pictures with [MP4] in [4K]:
- When using a microSDHC memory card: You can continue recording without interruption even if the file size exceeds 4 GB, but the motion picture file will be divided and recorded/played back separately.
- When using a microSDXC memory card: You can record a motion picture in a single file.
- MP4 motion pictures with [MP4] in [FHD] [HD]:
- You can continue recording without interruption even if the file size exceeds 4 GB or 30 minutes, but the motion picture file will be divided and recorded/played back separately.
- When the ambient temperature is high or continuous recording is performed, the camera may stop the recording to protect itself. Wait until the camera cools down.
** For [4K] video output, use an HDMI cable that has the HDMI logo on it, and that is described as"4K compatible".
*** Firmware must be updated to the latest version 1.1.