This new Ring Lite for close-up and macro shooting is loaded with features and capabilities. Now with Canon's E-TTL, it takes full advantage of the flash performance of the EOS-1v, EOS-3, and other E-TTL cameras. Circular twin flash tubes can fire at even power, or varied between them over a six-stop range, and one or more 550EX Speedlites can be used as wireless receivers along with the MR-14EX. The controller unit now has an illuminated full-info LCD panel and its accepts optional hi-capacity battery packs.
- Twin-tube ring lite designed for close-up photography with EF Macro lenses; Flash tubes can fire together or independently.
- Compatible with all EOS bodies.
- Supports E-TTL Wireless Autoflash in conjunction with one or more 550EXs.
- Incandescent focusing lamps and two forms of modelling flash permit preview of lighting effects.
Illuminated LCD panel for easy flash settings in any lighting condition.
Ring Lite, twin circular flashes tubes, and separate Controller Unit.
(1) One-second burst at 70Hz in E-TTL or M flash mode, showing ratios (Possible only with EOS-1v and EOS-3, as of January, 2000)
(2) With CF 4-1, uniform one second burst at 70Hz, works in TTL mode.
Flash Control System
Control in E-TTL Mode: FP sync, FE Lock, Flash +/- compensation, Flash Exposure Bracketing.
Control in Manual Mode: Flash +/- compensation, Flash Exposure Bracketing.
Ratio Control in Manual: L:R tubes (A:B) in full steps over 1/1 ~ 1/64 range, full steps
Setting Method: LCD panel on Controller Unit (illuminated), similar to 550EX Speedlite
Seven on the MR-14EX (in addition to any in camera), set on flash LCD.
4 AA batteries in Controller (Alkaline, NiCd, Lithium and Ni-MH type AAs are OK)
External Power Source
External battery packs Compact Battery Pack CP-E2, Transistor Pack E.